Videos and Recorded Presentations
Recruitment, Engagement, & Retention Core Trainings
RER Core playlist
Presented by Dr. Emily Largent, a national leader in bioethics and clinical research, this presentation provides an overview on participant consent, defining capacity and how to assess capacity, goals and components of informed consents for research, how informed consent changes when participants lack capacity, and additional considerations for research with older adults.
About Dr. Emily Largent: Emily Largent, PhD, RN, is the Emanuel & Robert Hart Assistant Professor of Medical Ethics and Health Policy at the University of Pennsylvania. Her work focuses on ethical and regulatory aspects of human subject’s research, as well as the social, legal, and ethical considerations that arise when research findings are translated into clinical care. Emily is the 2023 recipient of the Baruch A. Brody Award & Lecture in Bioethics, and her work has been published in numerous leading bioethics and biomedical journals.
Research Core Trainings
Research Core Playlist
Data Core Trainings
Data Core Playlist
Rush ADC Data Sharing and Medicare Linkages
This presentation gives and overview of the data available through the Rush ADC. It also discussed the Medicare claims linkage availability through MedRIC. Dr. Bryan James is an epidemiologist with the Rush Alzheimer’s Disease Center and an associate professor in the Department of Internal Medicine, Section of Epidemiology Research. His research focuses on identifying risk factors for Alzheimer’s disease, dementia, cognitive decline and disability at the population level. In particular, he is interested in social and lifestyle factors that can protect against the clinical manifestation of disease pathology in the aging brain.
Dissemination & Implementation Core Trainings
Meeting PowerPoints & Notes
- Example Consent Procedure – Brain Health Community Registry Consent Procedures
- Example Capacity to Consent Assessment – Registry Capacity to Consent Assessment
- Resnik et al. – link to article on the evaluation to sign consent measure
- November Scholar Seminars Slides
- Sustainability Rating Tool – assessment tool to better understand the sustainability of your study design
- Isolation of Health Services Research from Practice and Policy: The Example of Chronic Heart Failure Management by Seow et al., 2006
- A framework and a measurement instrument for sustainability of work practices in long-term care by Slaghuis et al., 2011
- The Sustainability of Evidence-Based Interventions and Practices in Public Health and Health Care by Shelton, Cooper, & Stirman, 2018
- Evidence-based intervention sustainability strategies: a systematic review by Hailemariam et al., 2019
- Do the Expert Recommendations for Implementing Change (ERIC) strategies adequately address sustainment? by Nathan et al., 2022