Announcing the Geriatric Emergency Care Applied Research Network (2.0) – Advancing Dementia Care / Emergency Medicine Foundation / West Health Institute 2024-2025 Pilot Project Grant Program funding opportunity!
The goal of the pilot funding is to promote transdisciplinary research in geriatric emergency medicine that will advance emergency medical care for persons living with dementia and their care partners.
An optional LOI is due on or by November 1st 2023. Final grant submissions are due Friday, January 19, 2024. Grants are to be submitted through the EMF website at https://www.emfoundation.org/grants/apply-for-a-grant/
- Up to three 1-year pilot proposals, awarded $150,000 each
- $120K in award funds and $30K in required institutional support
Preference is given to projects focused on at least one of of the four GEAR2.0-ADC research interests
- Communication and shared decision making
- Dementia detection
- ED care practices
- ED Care Transitions
For general questions please reach out to Gearnetwork1234@gmail.com
Applicant office hours will be held:
- November 9th 10:00 am-11:30 am CST
- December 15th 1:00 pm-2:30 pm CST